1. Instill knowledge of economics: establish a solid foundation in the areas of economics, mathematics and finance.
2. Grow job skills: develop capabilities that meet the need of job market
3. Pursue excellence: nurture problem-solving and analysis capability.
4. Develop global vision: cultivate economics professionals with global perspective.
1. Grow job skills: develop capabilities that meet the needs of job market.
2. Pursue excellence: nurture problem-solving and analysis capability.
3. Develop global vision: cultivate economics professionals with global perspective.
1.Stemming from the framework of economic theory, the department also attaches importance to financial application
To meet the economic development and the demand of job market, the content of the main courses consists of the fields of economics and finance, which in turn focus on the industrial economic analysis in conjunction with investment portfolio. As for elective courses, they are divided accordingly into two tracks--industrial economics and finance—to bring up financial professionals with a sense of economic pulsation.
2.Emphasize the cultivation of data processing ability
In response to the era of big data, the department of economics and finance further incorporates the training of information technology on top of the foundation of econometrics and software package to increase students’ ability to process and analyze big data to meet the demand of financial technology talent.
3.Stress the development of the last mile (stage)
To enable students to catch up with the dynamics and change of the job market, our department promotes the project of “the development of the last mile” which enhances the effort to help students pass the license exams: hold on-campus exams, offer practical courses with professional teachers, sign up co-op agreements, and set up internship courses. All those measurements aim at assisting students gaining in-field experience and competitiveness.
The department of Economics and Finance requires students to write a graduation thesis in the form of collective team work advised by a faculty member. Through the process, not only can the students combine the theory with empirical events, but also foster the capacity and mindset for continuing learning, communication, and coordination.
1. Establish foundation in economic and financial knowledge.
2. Cultivate application ability in econometrics and information.
3. Calibrate ability to analyze economic and financial problems.
4. Emphasize economic professional and social responsibility.
5. Strengthen team spirit and communication skills.
1. Deepen economic and financial knowledge.
2. Polish deftness in econometrics and information applications.
3. Cultivate ability to research and analyze trends and development of global economics and finance.
4. Foster academic writing and presentation skills.